As my little babies slept in their beds, David and I watched the Presidential election with great enthusiasm. With great rejoicing we watched history be made as the country elected Obama! Watching and listening to his speech made me very excited to be American, hopeful for the future of the country and thrilled that he is a great public speaker! I can not express at this time, due to a lack of sleep and just the magnitude of the emotion, how moved I am by this event. With a blank drawn for 'big' words and 'creative' sentence structure, I express simply that with this election I'm prayerful that the United States will come together more, our country will see change on our soil - job creation, health care reform, economic stability... and that the world will see America in a positive light once again. That there will truly be change, positive change!
Just like the election, there was history made in our home yesterday...David turned 35! I can say that I am most pleased to be a part of this history mark and I'm even more jazzed about the years ahead being his wife and sharing each year that he blows out candles! Many have reminded David that he is now half way to seventy. I however thought about this birthday and noted some very positive facts: he still has 5 years of being thirty; it will take 35 more years to get to 70...that's 35 more years of adventure and fun to have creating milestone memories together before that big birthday; he can always say with pride, "I have a younger wife!" ... In all seriousness...I wish my beloved a very Happy Birthday!
***
Thanksgiving for David's health and happiness on his birthday!
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment