Sunday, March 15, 2009

Melting Down

So the sibling parenting fun has begun and I'm the one having the biggest melt-downs.

Though she is still a fantastic napper and sleeper when down; Adelyn has ceased her multiple naps, began crawling, learned to get in to her brother's toys, started pulling up and raised her squeal by several octaves all in a week.

Hayden has continued to be super affectionate, extremely attentive and an amazing helper, however, he has developed the typical 2.5 year old, brother exchange with his sister - poking a little too hard, tugging in the throw down direction, grabbing objects just when sister is enthralled.

Trying to be super understanding since we are on week 3 of David being away on work and knowing that all of this is just a new phase that will pass, I'm still not handling the aggressive behavior well - as soon as I witness Hayden being aggressive, I turn in to a 2 year old myself wanting to over come his behavior. UGH!

What is the balance of showing authority, teaching appropriate behavior, administering discipline, and being sure my love is evident?

This too shall pass - but not without my search for wisdom and growth in the process before keeping on with the melt-downs and continuing in my wrong reaction.

***

Thanksgiving for the ability to recognize the need for wise counsel.

No comments: