Friday, March 6, 2009

Thumbs Up Foreman

As I posted recently, I haven't been a big fan of the George Foreman grill...but that is changing as I get a little more creative in the kitchen. (I previously only considered the Foreman grill when cooking hamburgers and that is something I NEVER do at home and the other item, chicken - which I have done on the Foreman but am still very leery of it being completely cooked when I throw a whole breast on there... .)

I share with you my use of the Foreman today - nothing unheard of, but a first for me - I placed regular whole wheat bread, turkey and cheese sandwiches on the Foreman for a few minutes to create a grilled, melted, delicious twist to the boring turkey cold sandwich. Yummy!

Sandwiches were served along side a dish of tortellini pasta topped with a homemade 'vodka sauce' ~ a mixture of tomato soup, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder and milk. A crowd pleaser. *grin*

***
Thanksgiving for simple changes that make the ordinary special.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOunds like a great idea to do sandwiches on it! Im currently trying to revamp our family meals a bit, too and acually am working on a MENU! I like reaing about your recipes and ideas!
Take care, girl. Oh, I love your slideshow pic's! SO CUTE!