David and I haven't purchased red meat for at least 2 years - we still eat it when at a function or at restaurants (the few and far between times that we are at such) - but as for the Walden Kitchen...it's chicken or turkey cookin' each and every day.
To change up the menu a bit, I used to throw in 'fresh-freezer packaged' tilapia. The dish turned out lovely each and every time, but each and every time became a little to often and both David and I are sworn off of it for a long while.
So, I've been wanting to put a new 'fresh-frozen' fish in the rotation but the lack of exposure to preparing such has made me hesitant.
With all the above being said, David suggested we purchase "an interesting looking" Burramundi. Neither of us knew anything about it but the packaging was enticing and the appearance was firm.
I ventured out and prepared it...the result...a new dish for our dinner rotation! ;)
The packaging included 3 fresh sealed frozen fish steaks. I took them out of their vacuum pack, placed them in a zip-lock bag with a few tablespoons of melted butter, a sprinkle of parsley, a sprinkle of garlic salt, a sprinkle of onion salt and a splash of lemon juice. I placed the sealed bag in a bowl of luke warm water and let the steaks thaw. In less than 30 minutes they were ready to prepare. Wanting the grill, charred marks, I decided to bring out the rarely used, George Foreman grill. An EXCELLENT choice! I placed all 3 fish steaks on at the same time, closed the lid and within 2 1/2 minutes we had delicious, firm, grilled Burramundi laying across a bed of brown rice and along side a colorful helping of steamed veggies.
Simple, quick and tasty! Try it and share with me your favorite - EASY fish dishes!
***
Thanksgiving for convenient grocery stores offering a culinary experience for all who wish to put their kitchens to use.
11 years ago



1 comment:
That's it I'm trying the George Forman grill. I mess fish up 80% of the time. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment