Unbelievable, I slept in an extra hour this AM and still was blessed to savor an hour to myself in quiet study along side a cup of joe!
Drinking in every moment, I continued my current reading of Luke and share with you what stood out to me: Jesus was 12 years old when he really knew his place (when he was found in the temple speaking wisdom with the priests), however, it wasn't until he was 30, eighteen YEARS later, that he stepped out of the carpenter shop and began his ministry (beginning when he was baptized by John).
It's common information that never have I taken a moment to really process. Though still meditating on the magnitude of significance, I quickly recognize a profound message in the fact that even Jesus waited, YEARS, to act on his calling! Also I note an interest in the age of 30 being that which he began for I have felt that 30 is an age to take hold of life and make a difference.
Humm...as I said, my discovery is not new 'news' but a new revelation on that which I know I have never taken a moment to really absorb. Have you? Do share!
***
Thanksgiving for the many discoveries that arise, even from that which is already 'known,' when seeking His Word.
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment