Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where Are the Business Trips for a Stay-at-Home Momma?

A trying two year old - multiple break downs - spankings - crying fits... after this weekend I'm really wondering how long I'll have this job? I'm thinking I need to fire myself from this stay-at-home mommy job. Maybe my qualifications weren't as lined up for the job as I had previously thought when hired on. I'm thinking I need one of those corporate business trips to take some training courses. You know, the 'have to go to' work trips that are held in a swanky hotel out in Vegas where the training is three days long, where only half a day is business and the other half is sipping cold ones, eating fabulous food and laying by a pool - all on the corporate account?! What do you have to do to get your boss to set up one of these said trips? Can't anyone see that I need some extra training to continue to grow in my current position and rise to the top?! ... Anyone else out there working in the same position as I (stay-at-home-momma) know where the sign-up sheet is for said training? What is the schedule and where is the locale? I'm up for about anything! *grin*

***
Thanksgiving for the ability to stay home with my little ones, even in the most trying of times.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha you are the boss, so you get to plan it. Maybe we should have annual kid free conferences! Hang in there it gets easier (sort of)!

Kara said...

I think after 14 yrs. of said job I am really behing in training. This definetly would require a week long conference(wouldn't you agree).